Translate

miercuri, 19 iunie 2013

Nightmare

Band: Nightmare [Naitomea]
Members:
Vocals: Yomi

Bass: Ni~ya

Guitar: Hitsugi

Guitar: Sakito

Drums: Ruka
Ex-drummer: Zennin

History: Guitarists Hitsugi and Sakito formed Nightmare around January of 2000, and originated in Sendai, to later be joined by Yomi, Ni~ya and Zennin. Zennin left several months later, it took until November of 2000 before Ruka replaced him.
Their first tour was in July of 2001, and released their demo tape, Zange, in August. When Nightmare released Hankouki in October it sold out pretty damn quick during pre-orders, the following month there was a second pressing.
Jiyuu Honpo Tenshi Ranman was released in February of 2002, and was followed up with a tour in Nagoya and Osaka. After releasing two more singles Nightmare released their first mini-album, Outlaw.
Nightmare released their first full length album in April of 2003, and later announced their major status with Nippon Crown.
Since then Nightmare has toured a good many times, released a DVD under their alter egos, Sendai Kamotsu, released a few more singles and another album.This year they released their newest album, The WORLD, two of the songs are the opening and ending themes for the anime Death Note.
Opinion: I adore this band as a whole, music, the way the act, everything. They rock.
Now, the frequent visitors should know by now that I am a drum and bass person, and am not really into vocalists, but like a few other bands, this vocalist has knocked me over. Yomi’s vibratto is, well, I can’t even think of words to describe it, it’s just so beautiful, so amazing, and on ocassion very soothing. There’ve been times when I’ve been so out of whack, stressed, that as soon as I put a song like ~lulu~, or crevasse on I drifted off to sleep [even though the meanings of the songs aren't for sleeping, haha]. Ni~ya is more than brilliant, in every way his bass skills please me, which is a very rare thing for me to say, I always find something weak, but Ni~ya? No, his solos, even normal playing, to me he is perfect, I couldn’t ask for more. To be honest hearing the bass is one of the key reasons why I started loving Nightmare. Hitsugi, the one every person at one point in time thinks of as a freak, yes, I did too, his Visual Kei look once scared 7 buckets of hell out of me, and called him Metal Face due to thinking that that many piercings was ridiculous. So childish, I know. Well guess what, after listening to him play his public penis [also known as the guitar], watching him get all shy when Yomi makes him talk to a crowd, or when Yomi decided to hump and moan over his hand elephant, or even when the and reading a few interviews which showed his gentle, sweet side, I have come to be very fond of him. I now use Metal Face with so much fan love behind it. Sakito is another awesome guitarist in my top five, just like Hitsugi my jaw is usually hanging, even if I’ve heard a certain solo 50 times before. From what I’ve seen I am in love with his sense of humour. Finally, Ruka, so many drummers in every genre disappoint me with their extreme use of the cymbals and the rare tap to the bass drum, Ruka is a gift from the JRock Gods, I hear drumming, actual drumming! Every song doesn’t have the same exact cymbal sounds, I think I died and went to JRock Heaven, really, I think I could cry tears of joy, too many bands have deprived me of a real drummer until now. [No, I don't include drummers like Yoshiki, Shinya, Nao, etc to be disappointments.] Thank you Ruka for having real talent.
As you all should be able to tell I love Nightmare.
I will be purchasing their Konoha single as soon as it comes out, after that I will get the money to buy pretty much every cd they sell on CDJapan, yep, the closest to a complete collection.

Discography:Albums/mini-albums: Outlaw, Gianism ~omae no mono wa ore no mono~, Gianism ~ore no mono wa ore no mono~, Ultimate Circus, リヴィド, anima, Gianism ~Nightmare no Kuse n Namaikidazo~, the WORLD Ruler
Singles: Zange, Hankouki, Gaia~Zenith Side~, Gaia~Nadir Side~, Jiyuu Honpo Tenshin Ranman, Crash!? Nightmare Channel, -Believe-, 茜/HATE/Over, Varuna, Shian, Jibun no Hana, Raven Loud Speeeaker, livEVIL, the WORLD, Raison d’Etre, Konoha
Image:

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu