Translate

sâmbătă, 25 mai 2013

The GazettE Aoi Interview SHOXX January 2013 Part 1

Aoi - COME UP or BOUND UP!?
I found some confidence because now I can produce a sound that I want
At present, the GazettE are on a national, 23-venues tour for their album “DIVISION”, which started with a live performance in Yokosuka Geijutsu Gekijou on October 8th. What did Aoi grasp during the tour, which is titled “LIVE TOUR 12-DIVISION- GROAN OF DIPLOSOMIA 01”? What kind of changes happened to the band’s sound, which resulted from the band’s contact with dubstep? It has been 10 years since the GazettE was formed. With that background, Aoi will tell us about the changes that he felt.
Q: Your first live performance in Yokosuka was really good. I heard only good reviews about it.
The first day was good. I think we could make a great start.
Q: For the first live performance you said that”as expected it feels like the first day”,but you said “we could make a great start” because you felt the great response. Was your feeling towards giving the first live performance different from usual?
I don’t think about very complicated things. In the end, it was about balance. Balance, and also the sound quality. How to say it, I feel like it’s not my job to do it. That time, Ruki and Uruha took the initiative, but they don’t really meddle with the details. That time we had a sense of stability, so there was a feeling that we should aim high. To be honest, at that time I didn’t really pay attention to the details. Maybe it’s correct to say that I left it to others.
Q: So you devoted yourself to your guitar play.
Right. But you know, I used to hate practicing, until now.
Q: I can’t believe it. You do practice often, don’t you?
No no no, only recently. Until now, even for tours I hated practicing.
Q: Really?
Really, really. (in practices) Don’t you have to keep doing the same thing over and over again? That’s why, I’m the type who would think “I want to go home soon” (laughs) But this time I had no such thing, and the moment the sound came out it felt good, and I felt that it was fun. This time, even one sound can change so much, so it was fun just to make the sound. And because it was fun to have 5 people making some sound together, the costume rehearsal was fun. I could concentrate on the rehearsal without worrying about things. Being able to do things that I can do, I had a lot of fun. It was simply enjoyable.
Q: Now that you performed it live, did your feelings towards the album changed from when you made it?
Ummm.. I wonder.. I think, it sounds better live. The CD is finished as a CD, and of course there are good things about it, but I feel that the album feels more dynamic live. If you ask why, maybe because in live performances the good aspects and the “live” aspects also come out. We’re using more sound source than usual, so sometimes we want to make it close to the CD, and when needed we hold it down. Because the sound source is also one charm (of the album). It’s also something that we want to show to people who have been really listening to the album. And it’s not like we’re super conscious about it, but it came out naturally. Right. I think it really became a live version. We also got good responses from the audience. It was so good, I was like, “really?” (laughs). If they were already this happy from the first performance, then what about towards the end of the tour? I think it’s good. Until now, everywhere we got similar responses. I’m so happy.
Q: The current situation is really good. By the way, during the album interview, you said, I didn’t get dubstep, so I didn’t know what is good about it. What is dubstep, anyway? That’s where we started.” Did putting some dubstep change the GazettE?
I think so~ Because recently I also started learning it~ that kind of step recording, I mean. It’s not like I’ve never done it before. During our indies era, when we didn’t have money, we put the horn section and all by ourselves. But, it was like a plus alpha for our band sound, right? That’s why, even though I’ve done it before I’ve never done it firmly. But I think it’s interesting. I have to learn more.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu