Translate

sâmbătă, 25 mai 2013

The GazettE Aoi Interview SHOXX January 2013 Part 2

Part 2!
Q: Was it because you challenged yourself to do it?
Right. Because you know, I really didn’t get it. Dubstep, I mean. That’s why during the music interview, even though the word “dubstep” came a lot of times, it wasn’t me who said it, and at first I was trying to let go (of that topic) by saying, “I don’t know”. But, during tour or recording sometimes I get some free time. Like when we’re moving from one place to another. During that time, I listened to dubstep artists, and when I listened to it closely, the thing that we’re trying to do in this album… doesn’t it sound like dubstep? Somehow, I thought, the kind of music we’re doing won’t come up anywhere, right?! We have that kind of technique or something. However, the music style itself, the so-called substep itself is completely different from our music. I think, the GazettE’s sound is easier to associate and you can see the background better. As I think, for the band, and even Ruki and Uruha, we emphasis on the sounds that have some undulation. So, that’s why in the end I liked the sound that we came up with more.
Q: In other words, not pure dubstep, but the album this time is like the GazettE sound with some dubstep nuances. That’s why you love it.
That’s right. This is my own impression of dubstep, but I feel like somehow it’s like the same sound over and over. And then, in the repeating sound you put some changes and all… maybe that is dubstep. I don’t think I will make (music) just like that ne. If we do it like that, I won’t do it. Because, as I thought, I can’t that music. Because, basically I like the live sound of a band. During the album interview, Ruki said, “I wanted to combine band sound with dubstep”, right? I finally understand the meaning of it recently. That’s why, they didn’t want to make (dubstep sound) just like that, but how to combine the kind of technique or sound used in dubstep with the band. I thought, “So, Ruki was saying this in the interview”. Finally I understood. I thought of that during the tour.
Q: So it’s not like you understand it since the beginning. Saying (that kind of thing) honestly is so like Aoi-san. Indeed, you said “I don’t know” during the album interview. That time you were also being honest ne.
Right. Somehow, in the beginning I thought, “what is good (about it)?” Even though they (Ruki and Uruha) told me something like, “dubstep is good, you know”. I thought, “do you really think this is good? do you understand it?” Because I didn’t understand it. But this time, by my own initiative I wanted to know so I listened to a lot of dubstep music, and then I understood what they were saying. Well, music is a taste, so it’s natural if there is likes and dislikes. I still don’t listen to dubstep because I like it, but even for the people who think that it’s good, as I thought, it’s not like they want to take the GazettE into “that” direction. I really understand it now. As I thought, everyone really think about the band. That’s why, even I who know nothing about dubstep could get into our current sound and like it. And, because of that, I think we came up with something that can reach the audience. Right? How is it, today’s interview? Isn’t it super cool?
Q: Ahahaha. It’s cool. It’s super cool (laughs)
Isn’t it? (laughs). Even though I concluded it coolly, I didn’t deliberately make it like that. It’s my real feeling, so there’s no need to worry (laughs)
Q: I’m not worrying (laughs). Because at first, you thought, “what the hell is dubstep”
Right, right. Kao no?*1
Q: Babu*1
Yes. That is correct (laughs). But, the me who said “I don’t know” regarding that music isn’t good either. Even though it wil take some time, unless I don’t do something so that I understand it, I can’t move forward. In that sense, I feel like I’m the same with people who study diligently.
Q: That is some wise words. Your heart has changed.
Yes. That’s right. Now I have fun making some dub recording too. Because it’s a machine with some knobs, just by touching it the sound changes, it’s interesting. Now I can enjoy it.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu