Translate

sâmbătă, 25 mai 2013

The GazettE Aoi Interview SHOXX January 2013 Part 3

Part 3! Last part coming soon :D
Q: Did you challenge yourself to compose some songs using that?
Right. I made, a bit.
Q: Will it ever see the light of the day?
Well… if I got an ok from other members ne (laughs)
Q: Did you show it to them?
No, not yet. I haven’t put the guitar sound either. (during tour) I didn’t bring my laptop so I made it using iPad. Now it’s really amazing ne, I can do anything with iPad (laughs). But I think, that song can be made cool. In other words, no matter what the genre is, if we can turn it into something that we like, then it’s good. There’s no need to make it as it is. And it’s like, in music we don’t have to be strict.
Q: I agree. The listeners also agree with you don’t they? I think they won’t like it if you put 100% of yourselves into a certain genre.
I think so, too. Even though everyone likes the band, so they listen to us and watch our live performances.
Q: It’s like, they listen to your music because they like the GazettE ne.
That’s right. Well, it’s not only us, I think it’s the same with other bands too. For example, if we’re like, “we’re going to do R&B”, it’s not like they want to listen to R&B itself, the most important is the band flavor. If the members say, “Let’s do R&B, or let’s make dub recording our main thing”, I won’t like it either. I think it’s the same for the listeners. Because in the end, it’s about the band.
Q: I agree
“Then, why don’t you quit being a guitarist and become a DJ instead?” maybe some people would say such thing.
Q: I see. By the way, before you said, you are changing your sound one by one, that is also a change ne?
That’s right. Like, seeing the image of each parts. I’ve been doing it for years, but recently it has become more concrete. I feel like my sound has totally changed. Like, during this tour, I asked the staff, “Did my sound change?”. And everyone said, “right, it has changed”. But, it’s in order, and it’s ok if I put my own flavor in it. Before, I tried to match my sound with Uruha’s, but as expected, we are different players so it didn’t happen. Before, we were also like, let’s just match the sound pressure level in our amps. But, as expected, it’s only like blurring the edge, so there was no significant impact whatsoever. We were like that before, but now I don’t care about such things anymore. I think it’s ok just like that, and that is interesting. Even thought we are the GazettE, regarding the sound, I think every member is good by himself. I want to make such album. Not just album, single is ok too, though. Now, in the end, we’re like, how the members approach a certain song. I want to make a song so that the members don’t “approach” it, but “connect” to it. We released “DIVISION” and are now on tour, and now the band can do things like this, so I think it will be interesting if we can reflect it in our works. It will become a work, and a product, won’t it? We’ve been in this for 10 years, so challenges are scary ne.
Q: (laughs). That’s tru. I understand. 
It’s weird but maybe, the quality will go down?
Q: Because you do something new.
RIght. If we do it, we have to put all into it, ne. In that sense, the current style is really easy ne. I mean, approaching the song. But, if someone asks me, “then, what kind of sound is Aoi’s?” then it’s a sound that I can’t answer. With our current sound. It’s not like I’m against it, you know. Because, more than “my sound” it’s “the GazettE’s sound”

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu