Translate

sâmbătă, 1 iunie 2013

Arena Special Vol 75 - Hiroto


After the completion of 「Senkou」did you think about anything as an individual?
Hiroto: Personally, this year, i thought about wanting to playing the guitar that's easy to understand. I had done too many troublesome things until now, which ended up with not being able to convey much, so i reflected on that; I wanted to play the guitar such that when listeners hear it, they'll think it's amazing. When i was having that thought, we met Okano-san, and i played a basic guitar part facing him. "Play with more confidence" is what he always told me (laughs). During recording, he'll say "Hiroto-kun, your part is your experiment time", since the single this time is completely meant to be a top product, so carrying out the goal after "Senkou", i played the easily understandable guitar phrases that's been in my mind. Those [songs] still in construction, I also want to play the guitar like it's singing. 

After listening to [Stargazer:]'s guitar solo, I thought the sound of the guitar has become more delicate, were there any changes made to the instrument or recording style?
Hiroto: There weren't any changes to the instrument, but this time for the solo, we recorded by lines. We used an amp stimulator. This time with Okano-san participating in this, the rhythm was tight, with the heavy parts becoming the backing parts, we tried making the solo a contrast to that. Recording by lines makes the sound seem like it's floating, so it became pretty delicate and easy on the ears. At first i played the solo around 3 times, but he said "sing more". He also said "This is the part where, replacing the vocals, the guitar must sing!!!" It's like I've working hard to sing (laughs)

When he said "sing more", was it during the actual recording time?
Hiroto: It's during the actual recording. Because my part is the last of the instrumentals, the pauses between the song melody and other instruments has already been somewhat connected to a phrase into a music-like construction. So if I play nicely, the chords in my part will be nicely inscribed into the song, it was exciting♪

A heavy responsibility!

Hiroto: But it was fun! There was also time, so i was able to try different things, so it really felt like it was an experiment time. Until the very last, the song melody changed bit by bit, really about trying out subtle changes. Even if we make a subtle change for, like sound 1 or sound 2, the impression is totally different. We were doing things together at the parts we don't usually take a hand in, and we also made a new discovery, so it was very fun.

There weren't any strict words being said?

Hiroto: This time the words often said were things like "Play with confidence"

So when being told that, were there some part of you that agrees with that?

Hiroto: There are certainly parts where i was half in doubt, so i guess it does look that way. Owing to the fact, in the past, there were times where even though I did play properly, various people said "that's bad", and continuing on with the guitar, I wondered "is it okay to go on like this". Then, "You're properly doing this, so have confidence and go ahead with a bang!" Mental guidance like that came in (laughs). From the stage on song composition, he said "Properly understand your own specialities, and do it with confidence". The first thing he said was not about the attention to the playing, but this. 

Having that opinion being said, what did Hiroto-kun think?

Hiroto: It felt like "Ahhh~ I see". Until then, even if i feel I have done a good take, i will first have some doubts on myself. Somehow I felt it [his own lack of confidence], but having clearly said that to me, I thought, "I see". I kind of understood the criteria of a good take. 

It's difficult to judge yourself ne.

Hiroto
: It's also the same with lives, because we feel good, we don't restrict ourselves to having a good take. Even if we firmly play it and thought "Yoosha, that was a good take", but when we listen to it again, there were many times where it was actually bad. 

How was 「Shinkirou」?

Hiroto: The solo for this one was Tora-shi's; the cutting is like a flower blossoming. Recording wise, I was recording for the cut for "Karuma" before this; after doing one take, I asked "Is it okay to do once more?", Okano-san replied "It's okay like this". He said, "You played the cutting firmly, it was good" , and I got carried away by his comment, and for 「Shinkirou」 too, I think i was playing boisterously to my heart's content. (laughs)

This time, it overlaps with Karasu['s production], wasn't it tough?
Hiroto: During the time for 「Stargazer:」, I heard that there's going to be another [Karasu] production, so I was about mentally prepared for it, it was still okay. But after that, during the second half of the tour, it was tough. During the tour, I really didn't sleep much. After the live ended, I returned to the hotel, work until morning, then after returning to Tokyo, there's still recording waiting to be done. [No wonder he's always on twitter at like 4 or 5am O_O] 

There's really no time to sleep!

Hiroto: I sleep in the morning 8 or 9am, and wake up just in time for the assembly time at 11am, and this continued on for about 1 week. But I have the confidence that "Unexpectedly, I can do the live". 

The tour was also already at the climax ne

Hiroto: In terms of the menu, it was more solidified than the first half.

Was it changing everyday for the first half?

Hiroto: 
It really changed everyday. If it's bad, there are also times where we changed things on the day itself. But it was really quite tight, so from now on, with regard to Budoukan, it'll be good if we solidify things more and more. Gradually, because it feels that there are more things to feedback on, I want to go around all those feelings and remnants. 

After the tour, until Budoukan, there's still a bit of time though.
Hiroto: There's 2 months, so we're trying to be careful not to reset things (laughs). But as expected, just going around to different places, it feels like (the feeling of lives) it's being soaked into the body. Personally, my abs are coming to light.

The results of training?

Hiroto: During the tour, I was always doing muscle training. If you gain basic physical strengh, the underfoot won't get shaken, i think you'll be able to do a proper play with feet firm on the ground.

Where do you do it [muscle training]?

Hiroto: At the venue, or in the hotel room. I'll be doing it earnestly by myself. If my abs show, it's really fun, but this time during the tour, i didn't strip at all. Until Budoukan, I don't want to show a half-assed body.

What do you mean?

Hiroto: Fuuuu, please look forward to it! 

[okay, even though I'm not a huge Hiropon fan, I'm getting excited already...Hiroto fans out there, don't die from over-fantasizing! (´・∀・`)]

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu